verb, -tled, -tling, noun
–verb (used with object)
- to disturb or agitate suddenly as by surprise or alarm in a manner that causes the sudden release of gas (see fart)
- to cause to fart involuntarily from a sudden shock or surprise
–verb (used without object)
- to fart involuntarily from a sudden shock or surprise
- (alt.) to become startled by ones own sudden release of gas.
- a fart due to a sudden shock of surprise, alarm, or the like.
- something that fartles.
I’m very sorry, I didn’t mean to fartle you.
EXCUUUUUSE ME! You fartled me!
(in response to a fart) OH! Was that me? That fartled me!
I’m terribly sorry, madam, I’m afraid I’ve given you a TERRIBLE fartle!
Please excuse my mother. She has a very strong fartle reflex.